

BLUEBERRY PANCAKE
When I first started the Paleo way of eating, I was excited with recipes and possibilities. I still am excited. This is one of the best pancake recipe I found. It is very simple and so delicious.
The first time I made, I putted bananas instead of blueberries. That's all I had at home. So this is a very versatile recipe. I like my pancakes a little darker as you can see, but adjusting the heat to your like is OK, just don't put the batter on a cold skillet nor too hot.
Here is the recipe, play with it, have fun with flavors, fruits, shapes,....
Dry ingredients:
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon sea salt (fine grain)
Wet ingredients:
3 large eggs
3/4 cup of coconut or unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon organic honey, maple or agave
1/2 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
1/2 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
1 teaspoon good vanilla extract
1/2 cup of fresh blueberries or any other fruit of your choice
mix all the dry ingredients together, in another bowl whisk the eggs, then put the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk until all is blended. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix the all together. Do not panic, it is a very thick batter. I thought something was wrong.
Heat up a skillet, grease with coconut oil and pour the batter, put the blueberries on top of the batter, wait until you see small bubbles on the top of it and flip, let it cook for about 4 minutes and they are done.
Pour some grade B organic maple syrup and enjoy it. I didn't have any maple at home, so I just topped with a little honey.
Tips about the ingredients: the tapioca flour you can find in any grocery store, but the coconut I had a a little hard time. I looked at all the grocery stores close to my house, there is no Whole Foods close to where I live, I found it in one of them, but it was very expensive. I ordered from Amazon.com. If you have any question about the ingredients, drop me a line.
Have a great breakfast
No comments:
Post a Comment